category: News I.S.D.D. plus
I.S.D.D. plus s.r.o. has developed a specialized IOT solution for its customers: the IOT Business Hub. Advanced technologies deployed in a real business environment that help streamline processes and help our customers build a successful business in today’s rapidly changing environment.
IoT Solution – Data Collection and Analytics
At present, commercial companies have already discovered the amazing added value of new technologies such as IoT or Big Data Analytics. The incentives for using these technologies are opportunities that are already able to offer a strong added value for business. First, they enable our customers to save costs, thereby indirectly increasing profits. No less significant added value is to increase the efficiency of processes, where the technology used can help simplify processes or change them to bring added value either directly to the company or to its customers. IoT technology is to be understood only as a means of collecting valuable data about some business entities. In the second step, accurate data collection is supported by specialized data analysis based on the results from IoT devices. For analytical purposes and business optimization suggestions, we have dedicated team of experts specialized in Big Data (scientific research on a large amount of data).
For a specific usage idea, we can offer a solution for IoT technology for your business that we have developed to manage and direct the data flow according to the specific needs and requirements of tailor-made customers.
Such a project has already been implemented and deployed with our specific customer for thousands of devices. After designing a technical solution, we also help clients with the evaluation and processing of raw data to the form of structured feedback and detailed data analytics.
The basic framework of applications that make up our IoT SW solution is as follows:
The primary objective of the SW solution is to provide business partners with data from business entities. Main advantage of our solution is that it does not oblige the partner to use specific network technology. It even allows information about the same type of business entity to be delivered in parallel from different IoT networks (by coverage, convenience of contracts, etc.). The solution also allows information sent from different IoT transmitters of one IoT network to be registered by different partners.
The SW solution consists of separate pre-integrated components communicating with each other via defined interfaces.
IoT Business hub
The IOT Partner Business Hub application aims to separate CRM (business functionality) from proprietary network communications – i.e. allows you to connect business applications to so-called “business API” or connect a new network (network type) without affecting the business application. This results in the independence of business parts from the network provider and the specificity of the network technology used. In the case of upgrade or changes to support another network, it is enough to change the Partner Business Hub components.
The basic entity in the Partner Business Hub is the IoT Transmitter with its serial number (EUI) which sends the message using the IoT network server. Message contains metadata such as signal strength, time, receiving GTW identification, message size, unambiguous message identifier, and business information (generally a state of some sensor) in the base64 / hexa format.
It is important to note that network message typically does not contain a business entity identifier (customer, electric meter identification, subscriber number, etc.), and the business content of the message does not have to be the absolute state of a business entity (for example, the status of a meter). For example, in the case of smart meters in utility companies, the number of pulses recorded by the sensor since it is mounted on the consumption meter – i.e., relative quantity.
An application in its database includes mapping of IoT transceivers to a business entity, including the attributes needed to convert the sensor state to relevant business information.
IOT Business Hub communicates with CRM via business entities.
As indicated above, the application acts as LPWAN application server.
The Partner Business Hub application includes, in particular, screens supporting management of IoT transmitters and messages:
- Add device – the screen allows you to add a new device to the system
- Device overview – The screen displays a list of devices, allows filtering based on attributes assigned to the device and sorting according to various parameters. Device status can be quickly detected using the identifiers in the upper right corner (red – the device is deactivated, orange – the device is activated but has not yet received any message, green – the device is activated and sends messages)
- Device detail – The screen shows the details of the device and allows you to navigate to device editing and managing device attributes
- Device Editing – The screen offers device activation and deactivation, change of external identification (mapping to a business entity), and managing device attributes
- Managing device attributes – The screen allows you to manage device attributes, add new attributes, modify existing ones, and add values to individual attributes
- Adding a message – The screen allows you to add a network message to the system. When you add a message, you must follow the format specified by the network to which the message is sent
- List of messages – The screen provides a summary of the received messages by the system in the spreadsheet
- Message detail – displays the details of the message and its contents in a detailed and readable format
- Message export – allows you to export messages to CSV or JSON format
Messages sent from IoT transmitters are stored in the database and after they are decoded they are a relevant source for further analysis with which we can also help you within the so called BigData analytics.
- Network-independent deployments (LoRa, SigFox, NBIoT)
- Network Servers integration – REST (JSON), SOAP, MQTT
- Possible SAAS and also on-site deployment